Wednesday, January 11, 2012

THE UPSIDE

Lately I feel like I've been surrounded with a lot of negativity. I don't know if it's just me that feels that way, but it's really been dragging me down. It seems like everyone has something to complain about and nothing to be greatful for. I know life has its downs but it also has an upside. I would much rather hear about your upside.

Here is my upside. I have two healthy, smart, funny, beautiful little girls that love me to death and I wouldn't know where I would be in life without them. I have a husband, who despite all of his downfalls, has been there for me when I needed him and loves me unconditionally. I have a job that pays the bills and I work with some pretty cool people. We have a roof over our heads and we love where we live. We have some of the best family we could ever ask for, that loves us and supports us and is always there for us when times get tough.

Everything I just listed also has downfalls, but I'd rather not focus on how my kids drive me crazy, or how my husband leaves the toilet seat up, or how I'm not particularly pleased with my job or how little it pays, or the seemingly never ending battle we have with trying to pay off our debt so we can own our very own house one day, it's just such a downer.

There has been times in my life that I've felt like I was never going to dig out of the hole I'm in or see the light at the end of the tunnel. But then I realize whatever my issues are, there is someone out there that doesn't have it as great as I do. There's someone who lost their child today, or has been laid off, or evicted from their home, had their car repossesed, and the list goes on. This makes me feel awful that I ever thought I had a bad life.

So instead of focusing on something bad that has happened today, think about the great things in your life that you might be taking for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment